Call for Nominations: ACP DOCTORAL RESEARCH AWARD 2022
The Executive Committee of the ACP invites nominations for the 2022 ACP Doctoral Research Award. The ACP Doctoral Research Award is awarded every year to a promising young researcher working in the area of constraint programming and who defended her/his thesis between January and December in the last two calendar years. The award, in the form of a certificate, will be presented at the CP 2022 conference, where the winning researcher will present a talk on the topic of her/his doctoral dissertation. The award includes a cash prize of 500 euros, plus free registration for the conference.
Past winners of this award can be found at: http://www.a4cp.org/awards/doctoral-research-award
Eligible nominees are those who defended their doctoral thesis between 1 January 2020 and 31 December 2021 in the area of constraint programming. The awardee must be a member of the ACP.
Nominations must be made by the thesis supervisor, who must be a member of the ACP. The nominator is responsible for ensuring that (a URL to) a zip-file containing the following items is submitted to the ACP EC Secretary (email@example.com):
- A PDF version of the dissertation. The preferred language is English; dissertations written in a different language may be submitted only after consultation with the ACP secretary.
- A PDF of an extended abstract of the doctoral dissertation, 3 to 5 pages in length, written in English.
- PDF versions of each of up to five papers published at international peer-reviewed conferences or journals based on the work reported in the doctoral dissertation.
- A PDF description, and pointer to, any software or systems developed during the research.
- A PDF version of a nomination letter from the supervisor of the research.
- In addition to the supervisor's nomination letter, two additional letters should be forwarded directly to the ACP secretary from two referees, selected by the dissertation supervisor, supporting the nomination and stating their assessment of why the thesis should win the award. These letters will not be shown to the research supervisor nor to the candidate.
Deadline for nominations, including the references: 15 May 2022. We cannot accept anything received after that date. We will acknowledge receipt of nominations and references.
Notification: 1 July 2022
The selection of the winning nominee is based on the originality, impact, and quality of the research work. The evaluation will consider all contributions to the CP community, including publications, software, and systems.
The work of the nominees will be reviewed by a committee of researchers selected by the ACP Executive Committee, chaired by an ACP EC member. The composition of the committee will be based on the nominations received.